Friday, May 26, 2017 4:40 pm IST

Home » Headlines » UNLF Punctures Surrender Fizz And Hype

UNLF Punctures Surrender Fizz And Hype

IMPHAL, Jun 16: Accusing the Assam Rifles and the State Government of staging one surrender drama after the other, the proscribed UNLF today claimed that the mass surrender of 40 PULF cadres led by its leader Omar Farooque as well as one cadre of the KCP (Nando) at the campus of the IGAR (S) on June 14 was nothing but a charade staged by the security force in cahoots with the State Government.

Stating that Tehelka had already blown the lid off the surrender drama well ahead of the staged event, the outfit in a statement today asserted that the so called PULF cadres were drawn from the home constituency of the Chief Minister.

Most of them were rickshaw pullers or engaged in some mechanical work, said the outfit and added that they were lured with the promise of some easy money. Farooque Omar himself is a stooge of the security forces and he has been taking shelter at the IGAR campus at Mantripukhri, charged the outfit.

Citing an example, UNLF alleged that on March 17 this year, a cadre of the KCP (Lamyanba Khuman) Angom Ibochou was hauled up by police commandos while he was trying to abduct a Government employee working in the office of the DC of Bishnupur. The cadre, identified as Angom Ibochouba, was in the company of Omar Farooque and some security personnel.

The matter was reported in the State dailies, but it was hushed up by the State Government, charged UNLF and added Angom Ibochouba was among those who had supposedly surrendered before the IG AR on June 15, 2010.

The agenda is clear and that is to paint the whole revolutionary movement in the wrong light with the active support of the Assam Rifles, who supply the anti-social elements with guns and weapons to carry out a reign of terror in the name of the revolutionaries, charged the outfit.

The charade being staged is known to the discerning public and in particular among the media persons, claimed UNLF and added that the public have never accepted them as revolutionaries.

Launching an offensive against the Chief Minister and the DGP, the outfit said that though Tehelka had come out with the damning sequence of photographs, which showed that Th Sanjit was killed in custody by police commandos in a fake encounter on July 23, 2009, the Government had come out with the absurd explanation that the photos could have been morphed.

The sequence of photographs was taken by a media person from Manipur but fearing for his life and safety he had decided to remain anonymous, said UNLF and added that if he had revealed his identity, he may have been dumped off.  In fact the threat perception from the State was so loud and clear that even the reporter from Tehelka had requested that the hearing of the Justice Agarwal Commission be shifted to Guwahati as she feared coming to Imphal.

Chief Minister O Ibobi does not seem to know what he is talking about, charged UNLF and referred to his remark on the floor of the Assembly that the plebiscite model is a step in the right direction, only to do a complete U turn and dub it as unacceptable as the intervention of a third party like the UN cannot be accepted. This is double speak, charged UNLF.

(Courtesy: The Sangai Express)

Number of Views :1183

Related Sites:

*The Sangai Express- Largest Circulated News Paper In Manipur
*E-Pao! :: Complete e-platform for Manipuris


Share |

*All postings on this website are provided “AS IS” from the source duly mentioned at the end of the post. It comes with no warranties, and confer no rights. All entries in this website are the views/opinions of the writers and don’t necessarily reflect the view/opinion of ManipurOnline.

Leave a comment

*