Friday, November 24, 2017 4:53 pm IST

Home » Headlines » MHA Has Agreed To Imphal-Mandalay Bus Service: Ranjit

MHA Has Agreed To Imphal-Mandalay Bus Service: Ranjit

IMPHAL, Mar 18: The Ministry of External Affairs (MHA) has acceded to the proposal to start a bus service between Imphal and Mandalay and helicopter service between Imphal, Moreh, Tamenglong and Jiribam would be launched very soon.

This was stated by Transport Minister K Ranjit while discussing demands for Transport Department in the State Assembly today.

The proposal for helicopter service was already approved in the 3rd Working Group meeting of the North Eastern Council.

Stating due permission to launch the Pawan Hans helicopter service would be obtained from the relevant Ministry by March 31, Ranjit said that there would be helicopter service between Imphal and Moreh every day.

On the other hand there would be helicopter service between Imphal-Tamenglong/Jiribam thrice a week.

As for the helicopter fare, the Home Ministry would provide 75 per cent and passengers should pay the remaining 25 per cent, Ranjit explained.

With the Ministry of External Affairs acceding to the proposal to start a bus service between Imphal and Mandalay, the State Government is only awaiting approval from the Ministry of Surface Transport and Highways.

Informing that Air India has started flight service from and to Tulihal Airport at night, Ranjit said that private airliners are being contacted to start flight service at night.

Regarding the allotment of MSRTC’s Dimapur plot to private individuals, the Transport Minister clarified that Nagaland Government annulled the allotment order on February 25 last.

Some department officials would be sent to Dimapur after the Assembly session to take up fencing work, he said.

Meanwhile Tourism Minister TN Haokip has claimed that the number of foreign tourists visiting Manipur have shot up after the lifting of PAP system.

But there is acute shortage of standard hotels or lodging facilities.

Even as Tata group has conducted survey for building a luxury hotel in Manipur it still remains under examination of the company’s board for the last three years.

Nevertheless, the Tourism Minister has called upon entrepreneurs of the State to pay more attention to tourism sector.

Informing that he had talked with the Managing Director of Classic Hotel, TN Haokip conveyed that the Managing Director was willing to build a four storey luxury hotel provided the Government gives the requisite plot.

Saying that the Government would be providing the required land very soon, TN Haokip claimed that law and order situation is worse in Mumbai and Delhi than Manipur.

It is always unsafe for women to venture out in these metropolitan cities but in Manipur all tourists are treated with respect and hospitality. Moreover, Manipur is a pollution free state, the Tourism Minister claimed.

During discussion of demands for Sericulture Department, Sericulture Minister Y Erabot said that a team of scientists from the Centre are currently studying the Manipur Sericulture Project to take up second phase of the project.

Later, the House passed several demands pertaining to Transport Department, Works, TD, Industry, Panchayat, Sericulture and Tourism.

(Courtesy: The Sangai Express)

Number of Views :1253

Related Sites:

*The Sangai Express- Largest Circulated News Paper In Manipur
*E-Pao! :: Complete e-platform for Manipuris


Share |

*All postings on this website are provided “AS IS” from the source duly mentioned at the end of the post. It comes with no warranties, and confer no rights. All entries in this website are the views/opinions of the writers and don’t necessarily reflect the view/opinion of ManipurOnline.

Leave a comment

*