Saturday, September 23, 2017 9:14 am IST

Home » Headlines » MANIREDA Lights Up Police Stations

MANIREDA Lights Up Police Stations

A solar lamp being installed at City Police by MANIREDA

IMPHAL, Jan 24: After electrifying more than 200 remote villages in the hill districts with renewable energy sources, MANIREDA has started electrifying police stations by tapping solar energy.

MANIREDA has already set a target of electrifying all the 68 police stations and five outposts located in the nine districts of Manipur by March this year.

Speaking to media persons at his Secretariat office here this afternoon, MANIREDA Director L Manglem said that 50 solar home lighting system (SHLS) and 60 solar street lighting system (SSLS) would be installed in 10 police stations of Imphal West district.

The respective number of SHLS and SSLS to be installed in eight police stations of Imphal East district are 40 and 48. For six police stations of Bishnupur district, 30 SHLS and 36 SSLS would be installed.

In Thoubal district, 40 SHLS and 48 SSLS would be installed in eight police stations.

Chandel and Churachandpur districts which have six police stations each would also be installed with 30 SHLS and 36 SSLS each.

For Tamenglong and Senapati districts, 35 SHLS and 42 SSLS each would be installed in their police stations which have seven each.

50 SHLS and 60 SSLS would be installed in the 10 police stations of Ukhrul district.

In addition, five SHLS and six SSLS each would be installed in the five police outposts located in Imphal West district, Thoubal and Senapati.

This initiative to electrify police stations with solar energy is being taken up with 63 per cent funding by the Ministry of Renewable Energy and the remaining 37 per cent by the State Home Department.

There is also a plan to install solar power generators of 25 KW capacity at Churachandpur district hospital, Moreh hospital and Thoubal district hospital, Manglem said. This project would be completed by August this year, he added.

(Courtesy: The Sangai Express)

Number of Views :1179

Related Sites:

*The Sangai Express- Largest Circulated News Paper In Manipur
*E-Pao! :: Complete e-platform for Manipuris


Share |

*All postings on this website are provided “AS IS” from the source duly mentioned at the end of the post. It comes with no warranties, and confer no rights. All entries in this website are the views/opinions of the writers and don’t necessarily reflect the view/opinion of ManipurOnline.

Leave a comment

*